How to Convert VOB to MKV with Xinfire VOB to MKV Converter
As is known to us, VOB stands for “Video Object”, which is a multimedia container format, storing video on a DVD disc. MKV is the newest container to gain mass appeal in the world of video archives and DVD rips, developed by Matroska, which can hold different types and unlimited number of audio, video, picture or subtitle tracks in one file. Suppose that you want to watch VOB video stored on a DVD disc with your mobile phone, or have lots of VOB file DVDs and want to upload them to the mobile devices that only accept AVI files, then you will find yourself in a situation just badly needing a .VOB to .MKV Converter, So that’s why Xinfire VOB to MKV Converter is strongly recommended here to help you convert VOB to MKV with ease.
How to Convert VOB to MKV with Xinfire Video Converter Ultimate
Xinfire Video Converter Ultimate is professional .VOB to .MKV Converter including three independent multimedia tools: DVD Ripper, DVD Creator and Video Converter; with it, you can convert VOB to MKV at blazing speed while keeping the original video quality. Apart from MKV, it can also convert VOB to AVI, WMV, MOV, M4V, MP4, FLV and more popular video formats. Download Xinfire Video Converter Ultimate, and follow the steps below to convert VOB to MKV in Windows, for mac users, please choose video converter for mac.
- Click “ Add” button to insert VOB files
- Select targeted “Output Format”; choose MKV as the output format. Or you can choose other corresponding mobile device as the output format.
- Select “Output Path” to save the converted target MKV files
- Click ” Start” to Convert VOB to MKV
More Operation Tips:
- Video Preview: Preview, then pick the video Content for conversion
- Merge, Clip, Edit, More Settings: Click “Merge” to rip all selected chapters at one time or into one file; Click “Clip” to cut original DVDs; Click “Edit” to adjust Brightness, Hue, Saturation, Contrast, add Subtitle & Watermark, etc; Click “More Settings “to select Profile, Codec, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Bit rate, etc
- Options: Click “options” for more advanced setting such as language, work space folder, etc.
Learn More about VOB and MKV
VOB, a multimedia container format, stores video on a DVD disc. Files in VOB format have .VOB filename extension and are typically stored in the VIDEO_TS folder at the root of a DVD. The VOB format is based on the MPEG program stream format, but with additional limitations and specifications in the private streams. VOB files are a very strict subset of the MPEG program stream standard. What’s more, VOB files can contain digital video, digital audio, subtitles, DVD menus and navigation contents multiplexed together into a stream form and files in VOB format may be encrypted.
MKV, a filename extension for the Matroska video format, which is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Matroska is similar in concept to other containers like AVI, MP4, or Advanced Systems Format (ASF), but is entirely open in specification, with implementations consisting mostly of open source software. Matroska file extensions are .MKV for video (with subtitles and audio), .MK3D for stereoscopic video, .MKA for audio-only files, and .MKS for subtitles only.